1. Bickerton, Christopher, Dermot Hodson and UwePuetter (2015a). The New Intergovernmentalism: European Integration in the Post-Maastricht Era. Oxford University Press.
2. Bickerton, Christopher, Dermot Hodson and UwePuetter (2015b). “The New Intergovernmentalism: European Integration in the Post-Maastricht Era”. Journal of common market studies 53(4): 703-722.
3. Glukhova, Daria (2013). “Toward More Superanationalism or Less? A Study on the Variation in European Integration Decision Making logics and Behavioural Norms”. MA Thesis in European Public Policy. Central European University.
4. Hadfield, Amelia (2007). “Foreign Policy and Dyadic Identities: The Role of the CFSP”. Geopolitics, 11:4, 676-700, DOI: 10.1080/14650040600890800.
5. Howorth, Jolyon (2011). Decision-Making in Security and Defence Policy Towards Supranational Intergovernmentalism? KFG Working Paper Series, No. 25, March.
6. Manners, Ian (2002). “Normative Power Europe: A Contradiction in Terms?”,Journal of Common Market Studies, 2002, vol. 40, issue 2, pages 235-258.
7. Menon, Anand(2014). “Defrnce Policy and Logic of High Politics”. In Beyond the Regulatory Polity?: the European Integration of Core State Powers, Edited by Philipp Genschel and Markus Jachtenfuchs, 67-85. Oxford University Press.
8. Moravcsik, Andrew (1991). “Negotiating the Single European Act: national interests and conventional statecraft in the European Community”. International Organization. 45, 1, winter.
9. Mearsheimer, John (2001). The Tragedy of Great Power Politics. New York: The Norton series in world politics.
10. Napel Stefan and Mika Widgren (2006), “The Inter-Institutional Distribution of Power in EU Codecision”. Social Choice and Welfare. vol. 27, issue 1, 129-154.
11. Puetter, Uwe (2012). “Europe's Deliberative Intergovernmentalism: The Role of the Council and European Council in EU Economic Governance”. Journal of European Public Policy, No. 19, Vol. 2, pp. 161–178.
12. Shackleton, Michael and Tapio Raunio (2003).“Codecision since Amsterdam: a laboratory for institutional innovation and change”, Journal of European Public Policy, Volume 10, 2003 - Issue 2, Pages 171-188.
13. Smith, Michael (2015). “The New Intergovernmentalism and Experiential Learning in the Common Security and Defense Policy”. In The New Intergovernmentalism: European Integration in the Post-Maastricht Era.Edited by ChristopherBickerton, Dermot Hodson and UwePuetter, 111-128. Oxford University Press.
14. Treaty of European Union (TEU).
15. Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU).