1) Aessandrini, M. (2002). "Is Civil Society an Adequate Theory?" Third Sector Review 8(2)
2) Aslan, R. (2011, February 20). Tweeting to Iran. Newsweek.
3) Castells, M. (2009) Communication Power, Oxford University Press, Oxford
4) Dickinson, T. (2008, March 20). The machinery of hope. Rolling Stone, 1048
5) Ellison, N., R. Heino, et al. (2006). "Managing Impressions Online: Self-Presentation Processes in the Online Dating Environment." Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication 11
6) Gelvin, James L. (2012), The Arab Uprisings: What Everyone Needs to Know, Oxford University Press
7) Grossman, L. (2010, December 15). Person of the Year 2010. Time.
10) Idle, Nadia – Alex Nunns (2011). Tweets from Tahrir: Egypt's Revolution as It Unfolded, in the Words of the people who made it. OR Books, New York.
12) Kobayashi, T., Ikeda, K. i., & Miyata, K. (2006). Social capital online: Collective use of theInternet and reciprocity as lubricants of democracy. Information, Communication & Society, 9.
13) Koloff, A. (2008, February 7). States push for cyberbully controls; but efforts to go beyondschools raise concerns over freedom of speech, privacy. USA Today,p.3A.
14) Lenhart, Amanda, Kristin Purcell, Aaron Smith, and Kathryn Zickuhr. 2010. Social media and young adults. Pew Research Center. Washington, DC.
15) Portes, A. (1998). "Social Capital: Its origins and applications in modern sociology Annual Review of Sociology 24: 1-24.
16) Putnam, R. D. (2000). Bowling alone: The collapse and revival of American community. New York, Simon and Schuster
17) Putnam, R. D. (1995). "Bowling alone: America's declining social capital." Journal of Democracy 6(1): 65-78
18) Putnam, R. D. (1993). Making democracy work. Civic traditions in modern italy. Princeton, NJ, Princeton University Pres
19) Raynes-Goldie, K., &Walker, L. (2008). Our space: Online civic engagement tools for youth InW. L. Bennett (Ed.), Civic life online: Learning how digital media can engage youth (161–188). Cambridge, MA:MIT Press.
20) Shah, D. V., N. Kwak, et al. (2001). ""Connecting" And "Disconnecting" With Civic Life: Patterns of Internet Use and the Production of Social Capital." Political Communication 18(2): 141-162
21) Tapscott, D. (2011, February 13). Here comes the wiki revolution. The Star.